Yvonne Wemyss, Inclusive Access & Design Consultant
Yvonne, Director of Access Alba, initiated Access Alba after working with, and for, disabled people over many years. The experience both humbling and educational. It was clear that although many positive physical and behavioural changes had taken place to improve access for disabled people, older people, and many others, there was still a long way to go. Access Alba was created from a passion to make a difference and help to create a society that would be inclusive for all!
Specialist services include:
- Access Audits, Access Statements, and Design Appraisals
- Professional Training Services on Disability Equality, Disability Awareness, Access Auditing and Inclusive Communication
- Easy Read Translation Services
- Policy and Recruitment Development
See Our Services for full details.
Considerable experience of delivering bespoke services to suit the needs of the Client, including strategic planning, project management, policy development and training solutions.
Member of National Register of Access Consultants (NRAC).
Yvonne has a sound understanding of the public, third and private sector with over 30 years’ experience of working on legislation, policy and service delivery.
- Over 27 years’ experience of working in Local Government at Senior Management level with responsibility for strategy, policy, and service delivery.
- 6 years’ experience of working in Scottish Government, specialising in Housing and Equality policy, operating on a national basis.
- 3 years’ experience of working in the Third Sector, specialising in disability and capacity building, within the voluntary sector.
At Access Alba we believe working with other professionals, with the same aims & objectives, aids learning, enables the sharing of best practice, and ensures our clients receive the best possible results. We are, therefore, delighted to work as associate consultants with ABT Safety Ltd and the Centre for Accessible Environments.
Read more about our associates here Our Associates